United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres visited Dominica on Sunday, October 8, 2017.
He was met and welcomed by Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit and Foreign Minister Francine Baron. Both met briefly at the Canefield Airport VIP Lounge before heading off via helicopter to the Kalinago Territory.
Following the visit to the Kalinago Territory, the delegation met at the Office of the Prime Minister in Roseau. President Charles Savarin also attended the meeting in the Prime Minister’s Office.
Following the meeting in the Prime Minister’s Office, the UN Secretary-General had an audience with the Cabinet of Ministers of Dominica. Also in attendance was the Secretary-General of the Caribbean Community (CARICOM), Mr. Irwin LaRocque.
Following the meeting in the Cabinet Room, the Prime Minister and the Secretary-General held a joint Press Briefing.
Here are relevant links to OPM.gov.dm footage and photos:
1) Arrival photos: http://bit.ly/2y8ioiq
2) Visit to Kalinago Territory photos: https://flic.kr/s/aHsm6yECiC
3) Meeting in Prime Minister’s Office photos: https://flic.kr/s/aHsm6yFuUC
4) Meeting in the Cabinet Room photos: http://bit.ly/2hUQPn3
5) Press Briefing photos | video: https://flic.kr/s/aHsm6yHdYf |http://gofile.me/3PuFd/ut2ruNQGb